Acne and pimples are two of life’s most annoying and prevalent skin curses. Most of us have been in a situation where an ugly red spot has appeared the day before an important event or date. The question is: can you do anything about it without having to indulge in expensive medication? The answer is yes!
Let’s understand the formation of acne first and learn about what home remedies that can effectively cure acne naturally in 3 days
How acne is formed
▲ Inflammation caused by hormonal changes forms the red spots on our skin.
Acne is commonly found on your face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. It’s because there are more oil glands on the skin of these areas. The function of oil glands is to excrete oil substance (sebum) to lubricate your skin to make it look glowing.
When your body produces an excess amount of sebum and dead skin cells due to hormonal changes, the two can block your hair follicles and form soft plug, which is a favourable environment for bacteria to thrive. When the clogged hair follicles get infected and result in inflammation, the follicle wall will bulge and form a pimple.
Why you should not pop your pimples
▲ Popping pimples can lead to loss of tissues that finally results in acne scars.
Popping pimples seems to be the quickest way to make the red spots on our skin disappear. But it can permanently damage your skin! When you squeeze a pimple, you’re actually forcing the oil substance and dead skin cells deeper into the follicle. The extra pressure exerted will make the follicle wall rupture, and spill the infected materials into the innermost part of our skin. This skin damage will lead to the loss of tissue, and finally cause acne scars.So if popping pimples is not a good way to get rid of acne, what else can we do to regain our radiant skin?
We have 10 natural home remedies that you can use to cure acne naturally within a space of 3 days and you don’t need to spend much money and time on them for the ideal effect.
Here’s how to cure acne naturally;
1.Aspirin Face Mask
▲ Aspirin mask can effectively reduce inflammation on your skin!
Aspirin is anti-inflammatory so it can be a quick and cheap way to help cure acne naturally. The other plus is that most of us always have aspirin lying around at home.
- Make a paste with 3 parts water to 1 part aspirin
- It is optional to add honey or plain yogurt
- Once the mixture is thickened, take a Q-tip and apply to the aggravated area
- The paste will take roughly half an hour to harden and begin to flake off
- Wipe the paste off with a west tissue or face cloth.
2. Aloe Vera gel
▲ Aloe vera gel has a pleasant soothing effect on the skin.
This bad boy is a triple threat. Not only does it cool your skin down, it also reduces the inflammation of pimples and removes the oiliness from your skin. Apart from buying aloe vera gel from organic markets and drug stores, you can also make your own one.
- Cut a aloe vera leaf into section about 8″ long
- Turn your blade to its side and slide it just under the skin to get the flesh
- Cut the flesh into 2 or 3 pieces and place in a clean bowl
- Put the flesh into your blender and blend it smooth
- Keep the smooth gel in your refrigerator
- Paste the aloe vera gel on the infected area of your skin
Toothpaste is a good option if you have a mammoth pimple that you want to take care of quickly. It is effective because it contains silica, which is the same substance that can be found in bags of beef jerky to keep moisture out. As such, toothpaste has been know to dry out and reduce the size of pimples over night. Simply apply some to the affected area before sleep and wash it off in the morning.
4. Honey mask
▲ The stickiness of honey helps remove dirt from your skin.
In addition to being delicious, honey is a natural antibiotic which makes it perfect for healing and reducing pimples. As an added bonus, its stickiness helps to remove excess dirt and impurities from your skin. You can utilize honey by making a simple mask.
- Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of natural honey (preferably Manuka honey)
- Rinse your face and pat it dry
- Apply the paste to the blemishes and leave it there overnight.
Garlic is fantastic for fighting acne due to its high levels of antioxidants, as well as its’ anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. There are two ways you can use garlic to clear up acne. The first is a preventative measure, which is simply by adding more garlic to your diet. This helps your general health as well as purifies your blood, which can help to stop future break outs. For more immediate results, take a peeled clove of garlic and rub it on the troubled area several times a day. If your skin is sensitive, try crushing the garlic and mixing it with some water.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is renowned for being good for your skin. In addition to this, it also contains anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which makes it highly beneficial for acne treatment. In fact, studies that compare tea tree oil to the acne medication benzoyl peroxide shows it to be just as effective. But please remember to dilute tea tree oil before you use it; otherwise, your skin may get irritated.
- Mix tea tree oil with water in a 1:9 ratio
- Wash your face with warm water
- Apply the diluted mixture to the affected areawith a cotton wool ball or Q-tip
Cucumber works as an anti-inflammatory, which is why people use cucumber slices to combat puffy eyes! They work just as well for pimples and will help to reduce the angry redness of them. You can make a cucumber face mask for instant effects!
- Peel one-half of a cucumber and chop it into pieces
- Toss the pieces into a blender
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water
8. Egg White Face Mask
Egg whites are effective in removing pimples and scars formed by pimples. They contain vitamins and amino acids that help rebuild the skin cells.
- Separate 3 egg whites from their yolks
- Whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes
- Apply the egg whites to the affected area with your finger tips
- Wait for the egg whites to dry and then repeat the whole process for 4 times
- Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes
- Rinse the mask off and apply skin moisturizer afterwards
9. Baking soda
Baking soda is a well-known natural remedy for pimples. Its antiseptic properties make it effective in destroying bacteria in the affected area. Also, baking soda has restorative function as it stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
- Mix equal portions of baking soda and water to form a thick paste
- Apply the paste on your skin for 30 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water
No, not the software. Although I do recommend that also.
Steam can be helpful for treating acne because it helps to open up your pores, which prevents them from being clogged. Steam also moisturizes and detoxifies your skin.
- Boil a small pot of water and pour it into a bowl
- Add herbs or essential oils into the water
- Drape a towel over your head and hold your head over the water for around 10 minutes
- Close your eyes and breath deeply
- Use a mask to pull the impurities from the pores on your face